The early days of the Academy Awards provided us with some timeless classics, some that time has forgotten and some that should probably just be left in the past. Here’s my ranking for the best picture winners of the 1930s (+2 for good measure).
- It Happened One Night (1934)
- Gone with the Wind (1939)
- Grand Hotel (1932)
- You Can’t Take It with You (1938)
- The Life of Emile Zola (1937)
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
- Wings (1928)
- Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)
- Cimarron (1931)
- The Broadway Melody (1929)
- Cavalcade (1933)
- The Great Ziegfeld (1936)
Agree? Disagree? Let me know your thoughts.
Comment here: Captions on Facebook
Or here: Twitter (@cmselby)